| My Career Center | View Job Cart | Back to Search Page |
Job Title: Physician Asst.
Department: DEPT OF MEDICINE
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Shift: Day/ Evenings/ Nights
Work Week: Mon-Fri
1. Education: Graduate of an approved PA or NP program and nationally certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
2. Experience: 1-3 years preferred
3. License/Certification Required: Valid NYS license as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner. ACLS certified.
4. Skills: Proficiency in central venous and arterial access. Management and resuscitation of unstable patients. Management of respiratory failure including proficiency with standard modes of mechanical ventilation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional behavior and commitment to quality care; ability to work autonomously; excellent interpersonal skills.
* This is a Full Time, 40 hour a week position in Highland Hospital's ICU. Candidate must be able to work Day/Eve/Night as needed, occasional weekend and 2-3 holidays per year.
Provides medical coverage in the ICU including evaluation & management of intensive care unit patients covered by the critical care team.
Duties include but are not limited to: Evaluation and management of intensive care unit patients covered by the critical care team, or those on a medical or cardiology service.
Admit patients to the ICU completing necessary paperwork documenting a full physical examination and a complete, systems-based assessment and plan.
Highland Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer